Who knew? Your iPhone has a built-in white noise widget, but it is not enabled by default.
Enable the Background Sounds feature
To enable the feature, navigate to:
Settings > Accessibility > Audio/Visual > Background Sounds
- Background Sounds: First you can enable/disable Background settings using the Background Sounds toggle button.
- Sound: Choose the sound you would like to play.
- Volume: Adjust the volume of the ambient white noise sound. This will not impact or change the primary volume setting.
- Use When Media Is Playing: If you would like the sound to play when other media is playing, you may toggle this option on.
- Stop Sounds When Locked: If you do not want the white noise to play when the lock screen is enabled, toggle this option on.
Currently, there is a choice of 6 sounds:
- Balanced noise
- Bright noise
- Dark noise
Once enabled for the first time, the icon will show up when you swipe into the Control Center.
How to use your iPhone’s white noise feature in iOS 15 – The Verge